Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: THE ROOTS: Home Grown Volume 1 + 2, in stores NOVEMBER 15
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=33429&mesg_id=33572
33572, RE: THE ROOTS: Home Grown Volume 1 + 2, in stores NOVEMBER 15
Posted by chaunceygardiner, Thu Nov-17-05 02:35 PM

The legendary have done it again. Thank you Thank You Thank you.

I've been listening for a couple days straight. Fat Beats has em for $9.99 each.

The Cover art - all these young'ns don't know. I had a friend over last night and showed him an old impulse cover inthat style. he flipped. We were both rocking the albums all night over some nice cocktails and "appitizers."

The transitions - Especially the one from Adreneline to The Lesson Pt. 3 where you show how that beat came about..." play the Rocky..!" I don't like Adrenaline as much and don't rock it as much as the others. But I had that shit on this morning and heard the transition - BANGIN.

Thought's vox - Hearing pass the popcorn and distortion and proceed all made me think about being 19 and being immersed in this hot ass music for the first time.

The rare/unreleased/peterson/live jawns - amazing. Amazing beats, lyrics, laughs "you in my hunt, now. "

The liner notes - I'm still reading. Perfect for the bus, train or toilet.

I'll be rocking these records for a loooong time. Sending copies to my 15 year old niece, on some, "put that 50 down. Listen to this!"

Thanks again, y'all. You are keeping this hip hop shit alive. Can't wait for Game Theory.