Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI'ma quote Saul Williams on this "falling off" bullshit..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=33169&mesg_id=33241
33241, I'ma quote Saul Williams on this "falling off" bullshit..
Posted by prime thought, Thu Oct-20-05 09:04 PM
SAUL WILLIAMS -- "Quit tellin me to be me. You don't know me. You own no stock in me (those days are long gone, boy. Listen to yourself.). I don't mind criticism. I won't stand being insulted. If a poem does not correspond with you move on. I am on my path. Even with lovers and children, I walk it alone. I am thankful for those who allow me the freedom I experience by supporting me on my journey. I am thankful for those who feel connected to my journey. Those who do not do not. It's that simple. Yet if and when we reach a crossroads where our paths no longer seem aligned, do not assume that I have "fallen off" or that I am no longer on my path. Rather check your own footing. Be sure that you are where you wish to be."

HIM TOO -- "Honestly, I could give a fuck about an individuals perspective of a poem or song. I do care about someone claiming to own any aspect of my being or expression. You own a book, a cd, maybe a movie. That is not stock. They are souvenirs. Save your ticket stubs and move on."