Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I got a different question though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=33084&mesg_id=33142
33142, RE: I got a different question though...
Posted by blunted, Mon Nov-21-05 10:49 PM
word, i mean u have the right to express that u feel that that was a fucked up lyric. that's not necessarily ego talking, that's critical discussion & analyzation. I think it was fucked up, I feel like Dead Prez are 95% right about everything they say & are just quick to throw out a cracker now & I'm not with it when they say that. Somethin i've been kind of desensitized to i guess b/c the overall anti-babylon message is still something i'm with. I feel like white people are missing out if we (they) turn off to Dead Prez b/c of this & not looking deeper. I think enlightenment among a minority of white people in understanding a history of oppression that we had nothing to do with & don't support is still something that's relatively new in society, & can easily be overlooked among a majority of white people who still support oppression to varrying degrees. Hopefully enlightened people of all races can unite more as time continues & work towards a common goal against oppression & all aspects of the situation improve.

that opinion may adjust w/time but i think that's how i feel as of now.