Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Set list?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=32842&mesg_id=32975
32975, RE: Set list?
Posted by citystate, Sat Oct-29-05 02:44 PM
i don't want to be a downer or anything, but that sac show was terrible. jean was pretty good, but mos was boooring. he could have shortened his 2 hour set to make it an amazing 25 minute set. he had moments that were so good but for the most part it was drawn out and miserable.

just for comparison, next weekend in sf is jamiroquai and the roots (sat/sun). both of those bands bring an amazing live show and actually look they're trying. mos kept sayin that he has nothing to prove...maybe he should. if i'm paying 35 bucks i want to see a great set that actually looks like there was some effort put into it.

the rest of you might have a different opinion on the shows where talib actually shows up and you hear some blackstar songs. talib is a whole other story for me. i've tried to see him 3 times in the last few years and only barely saw him once. if you put out questionable records and cancel shows all the time no wonder people say you've fallen off.