Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSkillz in 4
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3251&mesg_id=3346
3346, Skillz in 4
Posted by DJ Oddysey, Wed Jun-09-04 05:10 PM
<~~~~~~~------------~~~~~~~>

I AM A CHRISTIAN

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean living."
I'm whispering "I was lost,"
Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.

I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but, God believes I am worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,
I was a simple sinner
who received God's good grace, somehow.
Author ~Maya Angelou~

When I graduated from Howard in 2002, one of my good friends got me Mase's book for a graduation present. So I read it the next day and couldnt put it down. Ended up finishing it in 2 days. The book really moved me. I was suppossed to come up to Jersey to look for Apt, but this voice kept telling me to go to Atlanta. For like 2 hours I hear this voice and I am bigged cuz thats a mean drive from DC. So I prayed and still heard that voice so I went down. Just got up packed and left.
So on the way down there, the voice is telling me to find Mase. So I go down and sleep my aunt and uncle's house. I wake up and call his church to see if he is there. Nope, but they tell me when Bible Study is. Its the nesxt day (wedenesday.) So I go. When I get there, I am like really bigged out because I see that he is really legit. During teh service, I keep hearing this voice saying go up to him afterward. I know it was the voice of the Lord, but it was bugged because I didnt know what to say. So after the service, I went up to him told him about this trip I made. Then, I told him he was suppossed to come back rapping. But rapping for God. i didnt even know I was suppossed to say that until I said it. He looked at me like nigga please, and he said I dont think thats the case man. i said, the Lord just revealed this to me. Take it for what its worth.

That was two years ago and now guess who's back. That is the reason I gave my life to Christ. Reading that book and my trip to Atlanta. I realized through that book, that Mase had everything I wanted and gave it up to follow God. That really prooved to me that God was real because there was no other reason for him to do that. The new song is tough too. I am glad he is back.