Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCommon's respone the following day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=30633&mesg_id=30650
30650, Common's respone the following day
Posted by BKyle, Wed Mar-02-05 07:07 AM
The following day, I walked in the living room and instead of saying WASUP Rashid, I said, "I'M BACK MOTHAFUCKUGHS!!" We laughed, and I continued with, "Dude. I KNOW you stunned people with that one". 2 hours later when we got to the studio, we walked in and Kanye joking shouts, "I'm back Mothafuckaaaaazzz!".

he went on to state: ~this is NOT a DIRECT quote~

When I said "I'm back". I know it aint like I been away somewhere for a while, I meant it to mean, like, I'M back... the hip hop music in me is back, the MC is back. It's like, I don't wear the clothes I used to wear, the music is more rugged hip hop, I'm just BACK to the essence of hip hop. So I meant it to mean I'm back The Electric Circus album was a departure for me. it was like an experiment. it was hard as shit to rhyme over those beats because they were so complicated and stuff... but I needed that to evolve and grow as an MC. So after getting that, like, out of my system, that's what has me be able to see where i wanna go.... which is back to the real raw hip-hop. So, like, I'm back motha fuckughs. I'm back. That's why I named the album "B-Boy Evolution". "BE." I grew and I had to have my craft come full circle. ~started making a circle pattern in front of him with his finger~ like I started here, made albums, and then (at the top of the circle) Electric Circus was like theee FUUURTHEST out there for me. Then I did the Food, did more beats with Kanye, did some stuff with JadaKiss, and felt myself able to dig in again, bringing myself BACK to the essence on some raw hip hop b-boy shit. Besides, they'll see what I mean whenI say I'M BACK. They'll see it.

There ya have it. He's back mothafuckaz! lol. That shit is still funny to me... regardless of what his reasonongs are. LOLOL.

Brian 'B.Kyle' Atkins

~ ignore my sig until I change it ~