Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTo answer your question... it depends....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=30303&mesg_id=30310
30310, To answer your question... it depends....
Posted by CaptNish, Wed Mar-02-05 12:19 AM
>i wonder how any of you would feel or behave in a sittuation
>like the ones we as artists who are celebrated are faced
>with?
>just a question.

I could take some of it. And handle it well. Like I could trade places with someone like Anthony Hamilton... and I think I could handle that level of "fame."

But I mean, for someone like you, who takes so many unneccesary shots from media types and the rumor mill because you aren't doing what "THEY" feel you should be.... because you won't force yourself to fit their mold... I don't know how I would handle something like that. I'm sure you can only take it so long before it begins to get to you and you get fed up. I don't really know.

>you know what? i envy you sometimes. you artist who can dip
>into a spot , spit yo ur shit, then dip out...

It's nice. But really, I wish *someone* would come up to me and want to talk to me about my music.... why I chose the couplets that I did... what this phrase or that phrase means...

Maybe a nice inbetween where my peers respected me and at times wanted to know a little more beyond what I gave them in my song... but I could still walk out on a dance floor and not worry about having to explain why my next album has been pushed back so many times.

That's the rub though. Wanting the praise and admiration and support, but wanting to be able to turn it off when I'd like. Ain't never gonna happen.

-- Nate