Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectme too!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29930&mesg_id=29938
29938, me too!!!
Posted by Spread, Wed Apr-20-05 12:14 PM
naw I was there but for real I was like "what is he thinking? can anyone actually recite that shit word for word?" it'd be plausible if the album was 3 or 4 years old, but damn...you must've at least been busting up until then to have BT notice and hand you the mic.

But again, when he did it I was like "what's the last line to that rhyme anyway?" so when you didn't hit it not everyone could really tell.

That was a moment I shared a wtf look with the sound man.
I was sitting right next to the board and it had to be the worst place in the whole joint acoustically. I didn't know how the fuck he did it. We shared another wtf moment at the end of Kamaal's solo...he was going off like a mufucka and then at the end he resolved it all sloppy and weird, but looked like he meant to do it and the crowd loved it. That's the beauty of live performance.

I thought it was a good show overall.
Again, where I was, the sound was extra shitty. But ?uest I didn't know you got down on the vox like that! That white stripes shit or whatever stole the show while you were singing...well, when Kirk wasn't stealing it. Man, that muthafucka is ILL!!!!!!! That dude is a beast...man whatever, acutally all of yall shined.

I wish there were a way to get BT's vox in an auditorium setting sounding right though. I know that shit is hard to mix, but there were some 'don't say nuthin' chorus moments but for the wrong songs.

And the You Got Me revamp is ill, especially when kirk did his solo.
I don't think the lame-ass Butler kids were ready, but cats who check for yall was feelin' it all dubbed out and shit.

and man, don't worry about fucking up the line in Web. it was only like your best chance at being remotely semi-famous for 2.7 seconds...just make the best of the 12.3 left.