Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29930
29930, I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by Rome_Dome, Mon Apr-18-05 03:17 PM
I was reciting Web bar for bar, then when I have a mic put in my face, I blank on "comin to win". Stage fright got to me and I couldn't say anything....shit. Had I nailed that line, BT would have taken me on tour as a hype man for sure...lol.
29931, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by HIM, Mon Apr-18-05 05:37 PM
im assuming you are talking about the Butler Unv. show last night(because your rhymefest quote gave me a clue). If im correct, I SAW YOU PLAY YOURSELF!!! j/k

If its any concelation, we were up on the righthand side balcony and we could hardly make out most of Thoughts verses so when he put the mic in your face, all were heard was silence...then "awwouadnf" and thats it.
So we couldnt tell what you said!

Of course if this is the wrong show, then just forget all that stuff I just said.

peace
HIM
29932, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by Rome_Dome, Wed Apr-20-05 03:30 PM
Yeah, that was the show. Damn, I didn't know so many people were clowning me. But it's fine, Riq-gizzle, next show I'll be back for mine, lol.

I got to meet ?uestlove after the show though, so I guess that evens out the score for me. Overall an incredible show/experience. I've seen 'em play 4 times, and that was one of the best performances, and had the most memorable moments(blanking on Web, meeting ?uesto, etc.)
29933, HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Posted by 15, Mon Apr-18-05 05:57 PM
me and frank was laughing at you HAWD!

lol....
29934, RE: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Posted by BrklynzFinestPR, Mon Apr-18-05 06:49 PM
Damn.. Dude gotta feel really shitty right about now! hehe
>me and frank was laughing at you HAWD!
>
>lol....
29935, oh stop instigatin
Posted by 15, Mon Apr-18-05 06:58 PM
i was just playing.

i was wondering what was on riq's mind....

sheeit I dont even know "web"
29936, RE: oh stop instigatin
Posted by Sawkrahteez, Mon Apr-18-05 07:15 PM
lol. thats word yo. But hey "Web" is such a hype ass song. Its like "Web" and "Boom!" performed in succession can start a fuckin mosh.
29937, lol, deg homie
Posted by RetardedGenius, Tue Apr-19-05 05:53 PM
29938, me too!!!
Posted by Spread, Wed Apr-20-05 12:14 PM
naw I was there but for real I was like "what is he thinking? can anyone actually recite that shit word for word?" it'd be plausible if the album was 3 or 4 years old, but damn...you must've at least been busting up until then to have BT notice and hand you the mic.

But again, when he did it I was like "what's the last line to that rhyme anyway?" so when you didn't hit it not everyone could really tell.

That was a moment I shared a wtf look with the sound man.
I was sitting right next to the board and it had to be the worst place in the whole joint acoustically. I didn't know how the fuck he did it. We shared another wtf moment at the end of Kamaal's solo...he was going off like a mufucka and then at the end he resolved it all sloppy and weird, but looked like he meant to do it and the crowd loved it. That's the beauty of live performance.

I thought it was a good show overall.
Again, where I was, the sound was extra shitty. But ?uest I didn't know you got down on the vox like that! That white stripes shit or whatever stole the show while you were singing...well, when Kirk wasn't stealing it. Man, that muthafucka is ILL!!!!!!! That dude is a beast...man whatever, acutally all of yall shined.

I wish there were a way to get BT's vox in an auditorium setting sounding right though. I know that shit is hard to mix, but there were some 'don't say nuthin' chorus moments but for the wrong songs.

And the You Got Me revamp is ill, especially when kirk did his solo.
I don't think the lame-ass Butler kids were ready, but cats who check for yall was feelin' it all dubbed out and shit.

and man, don't worry about fucking up the line in Web. it was only like your best chance at being remotely semi-famous for 2.7 seconds...just make the best of the 12.3 left.
29939, RE: me too!!!
Posted by GetSweptAway, Wed Apr-20-05 12:39 PM
real I was like "what is he thinking? can anyone actually recite that shit word for word?"

i can if i'm rapping with the song, but i always forget a word or line without it.
29940, RE: me too!!!
Posted by MarVeL, Wed Apr-20-05 03:15 PM
wish it woulda been me.. I have the song memorized... I think I got the whole tipping point album memorized... nah tho... tough break homie lol
29941, RE: me too!!!
Posted by Rome_Dome, Wed Apr-20-05 03:34 PM
you still performing with Undefeatable Beats? If so, when are some upcoming shows?
29942, yea, i still fux with them
Posted by Spread, Wed Apr-20-05 04:00 PM
we got a show down in Bloomington at the Buskirk-Chumley theatre on April 28th...a week from tomorrow, i think.

you ever checked us out before?
sorry if I know you but just don't recognize the okp name...it seems like there are mad okps in naptown, but i can never find any of them that i didn't already know before okp.

did you hit the afterset?

I was sick as hell and just went home, had a pretty bad fever...and BT made me realize the only remedy was MORE COWBELL!...but I really did have a fever, and although I loved the shit BT could work on his Walken impression a little
29943, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by GetSweptAway, Mon Apr-18-05 10:18 PM
Web is my shit

I went to the One Be Lo release party and he asked the crowd if they heard this song(The Ghetto) and started to play it. Then asked me what it was and i just completly forgot the name. It's wasn't very obvious since about 10 people behind me yelled it.
29944, that sucks
Posted by the d in dustin, Tue Apr-19-05 04:57 PM
but i probably woulda done the same shit... be rapping along then dude throws the mic on me... "uhhhhh...FUCK"
29945, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by Troubled Spirits, Tue Apr-19-05 05:09 PM
hahaha... i'll be front row at the show in Gainesville on 4/20... hopefully I dont get a mic in my face, cause I'll surely blank out too
29946, RE: I woulda yelled somethin bout my loving my girl or somethin..lol
Posted by BarTek, Tue Apr-19-05 05:14 PM
peace.
~
Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true. Wanted a woman, never bargained for you. Lots of people talk and few of them know, soul of a woman was created below.
~
This is the life I chose, or rather the life that chose me
If you can't respect t
29947, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by Oak27, Tue Apr-19-05 05:53 PM
Did they start a "Choke! Choke! Choke!" chant? heh j/k... I'd prob do the same thing man.
29948, i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida
Posted by 58impala, Tue Apr-19-05 08:29 PM
that way when BT shoves a mic in my face i can battle this mofo
29949, RE: i hope Skillz goes to the show on 6/06/05 in south florida
Posted by Troubled Spirits, Tue Apr-19-05 10:00 PM
6/4 you mean?

and who are you, Shaq?
29950, yeah the 6/04 one
Posted by 58impala, Wed Apr-20-05 11:00 AM
that the one i meant
29951, I killed sixth sense
Posted by Nij, Fri Apr-22-05 05:32 AM
When Common put the mic in my face.

Technically, he put it in my boys face, but he didnt know the words so i grabed the mic and spat them bars!

Common looked surprised!

29952, RE: I blanked when BT put the mic on me....
Posted by Stro, Sat Apr-23-05 09:13 PM
That's Funny!
29953, don't worry
Posted by prophet j, Sun Apr-24-05 10:01 AM
next time you'll be ready. and you can tell the audience "this guy's a gangsta? his real name's clarence"

- - - - -

"ask beavis, i get nothing but head" - big l

peace & love
29954, RE: don't worry
Posted by Troubled Spirits, Sun Apr-24-05 12:09 PM
"Clarence Carter... Clarence Carter..."
29955, i woulda done the same thing
Posted by beautifulDISASTER, Sun Apr-24-05 05:38 PM
word. you are not alone.

peace.