Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectjust in case anyone is reading this any other way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29260&mesg_id=29380
29380, just in case anyone is reading this any other way
Posted by okpdan, Sat Feb-26-05 11:22 PM
It seems that some people, those getting excited for a collab, are missing what erykah is saying, which is that she has no currrent plans to work with neptunes. forgive me if im wrong in thinking that people aren't reading it this way.

First showing signs of respect, erykah (e) follows by saying "IF" she "decides" to rock with pharrel, she would let us know here first (e's web site) before the likes of MTViacom.com. in the post, while on the topic of the guy williams, she respectfully remarks on how he is nice both as a person and as a musician, and that he's her homey. Thoughts get her thinking that a collab would naturally be some good shit... while (as always) calling for the baduizimatization that makes it hers.

so, in summary, she is denying the report which announces the collaboration between her and the neptunes, while appluading it as a beautiful idea in thought and in theory.

"peace and light....
if i decide to rock wit Pharrel ,
ill let you brothers and sisters know first
not a bad thing.... thats my brother . hes one of the nicest
most evolutionary young cats to ever grace the scene...
it would probably be some nice shit....you think?
saaaaaay....why not. hmmmmmmmmm...wheels turnin.....
but tah'....i would deffinately have to BADUIZE that shit." -e

.but anyway...

hey, while im here ... i gotta shout out phil lesh who kicks off that segment of the report on MTV.com featuring erykah badu. if anyone knows what im talking about, big ups to my first hand account of the first time ever played "unbroken chain" that phil bombed in philly at the spectrum in the fall of 1994.