Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHere's what I think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29260&mesg_id=29305
29305, Here's what I think
Posted by darryl reeves, Thu Feb-24-05 05:33 PM
>it would probably be some nice shit....you think?

I think it'll work well actually. I would like to see you reinvent yourself working with ol boy. The style that he brought with Snoop, I can see you freaking that, in your badu'd way. I think it would be a good thang . . .

here's a lil extra thought I've had about ya

When your first album came out, it came from left field, your image + your style. You took the world by storm. With Mama's Gun, it seemed like a continuation of Baduizm, which is not a criticism at all, it's just that themes were carried over into the next album. (I won't bring Worldwide Underground into the equation, because I see that as a pivotal album that was a precusor to change coming ahead, or maybe not, who knows? you know). Well, I personally would like to see you reinvent you steeze on your next project, and present something that was as impactful as your other projects, but not using the same thematic material. Like something fresh and relevant to 2005-06. I think there are a lot of things, new things in the world that you could address in your music, in an abstract sort of way, without being preachy or self-righteous, and I think a lot of folks would appreciate that.

Maybe I'm way off, but that's what I would like to see. And if you disagree, i ain't mad. I respect what you want to do as an artist. I'm just offering my perspective and a few cents extra since you asked of okp's opinions.

Peace