Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectsummer work?? Is it a job if you don't do ish??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29084&mesg_id=29163
29163, summer work?? Is it a job if you don't do ish??
Posted by guest, Mon Jun-21-99 05:14 AM
I'm a full time student at Temple University (North Philly baby). I work for preppy ass Lehigh University and I get my $$$ doing some "internter research/tools developing". In other words they have me searching the internet for codes and ish like that then they want me to create something that could be used in. I really don't even know what I do. Right now I'm working on formating the output of a form for some tools that were developed. I've been doing this since the second week of may and I haven't seen a check yet. I also do this ish during the school year, but I do even less but I have to show that I do the same. I also get money from my Granma, that goes into my "I have to buy this cd" addiction. It comes out to like 3-4 cds a week. And if I'm not buying cds. I'm spending all my money on 2-day trips to Philly so that I could see this girl who doesn't even like me that much, so that I could say to her, "You know how I feel about you, and all I want to do is be with you" Even though I treat her better thatn most men treat their own wifes while she won't admit to any relationships she has or doesn't have.Also, when Im not reading the board. I'm trying to get my mom to pull some strings so that I could buy this house in 5th street, in N. Philly so that I could be independent and estable and be close to my "gente" and be able to eat rice and beans any time I damn feel like it. I also try to get Temple to pay for the house, even though they don't know it, and then I'll charge rent to my roomate and my friend and they pay for the rent and the utilities when they don't know it, and with the rest of their money I'll buy another house and rent it so that I could buy a fucking car that I could see myself in. I'm trying to settle down as soon as possible. Im one of those uptight persons that should get marry early in life.... Hey a guy could dream with his little National Science foundation money, can he?... don't answer that...