Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRelativity
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29004&mesg_id=29045
29045, Relativity
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-22-99 03:01 AM
Yo, I wrote something similar about this last month. When I heard it as a mpeg I was not feeling it either. But when I heard that joint in the club while I was getting my dance on, I wasn't upset. The sister I was dancing with wasn't either, maybe that has something to do with it. But seriously the track is a party, good mood kind of joint. I don't feel that it is meant to be taking seriouslly or to reach critical acclaim.<P>I sincerley feel like ATCQ is one of the greatest groups ever. I think they reached their peak with Midnight Marauders. I just cannot fathom how you can make something that surpasses the material on those first (3) joints. That is like spiritual to me, Footprints? It is possible that everything he puts out from now on will not measure up to his previous work. I like this joint on the Slam soundtrack but I just like it, that's it. We shouldn't question why people come out of our lives or (fall off) we should remeber them as they were and treasure the time they were there. Their significance in who we are as people today.<P><BR>