Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectQUIT YA BIACHIN PEOPLE!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=29004&mesg_id=29039
29039, QUIT YA BIACHIN PEOPLE!!!
Posted by guest, Mon Jun-21-99 05:15 PM
LOL<P>Just wanted to make sure people would read this.<P>For starters, if Im correct, this wasnt an Ummah song, Its a Violaters track, and very well may not be on any Q-Tip album but on the defjam released Violater Compilation comin later this summer.<BR>So its not as if Tip is "dumbin himself" to try and sell his product. This song is a party jam, plain and simple. Will I listen to it over and over and go, "Damn!Tip ripped that ish!"...No.<BR>But will I put it on my next mixtape...hell yeah! Cuz it makes you shake ya arse. The lyrics are somewhat trite and whoever said the song sounds rushed, you're right. It sounds pretty hastily thrown together, but if we just take it for what it's worth, a jam, we'll all sleep better tonite.<BR>As for Q-Tip joining the ranks of Nas(and what the bejesus does O.C. have to do with that!?!), dont forget, Tribe always managed to keep one foot underground while bringing more of the world (i.e. coffeshop chicks and white dudes) down for a look. The judgement on whether Tip is going Versace/Italian Ice should definatly be reserved till we see what he does on his own joint, not on a compilation-ON DEF JAM FOR GODS SAKE!!!<BR>Besides, if he does, at least he gave us ten years of some of the best hiphop to grace our precious ears, not one album with ten ILL tracks that autoMATIClly etched grandeurs of what couldve been in our heads forever.<P>One.<P>"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to su...ffering" - Yoda