Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectreasons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28892
28892, reasons
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Jul-28-99 03:21 PM
i gotta make this quick. eve wasn't getting dissed. it was a lack of communication on all sides.<P>1) i never considered eve because if yet another person were alive in the video it wouldn't make sense. eyrkah (and mca) refused to let erykah "play dead" (because of her outfit/they wanted to capitalize on her cameo).<P>2. 'riq went ahead and cast the extra before we (the band) knew it. i sorta assumed that eve was gonna be "the girl". i thought she was way finer than the jawn tariq picked. plus i thought she was supposed to be ethiopean.<P>3. wait a minute.....there's no need to go on with a list of pointin fingers. although we "told eve" it wasn't stressed. i was upset because sanji(director of "everything is everything") got rejected by mca. then they was cuttin more of the budget....we wern't too sure of the treatment, erykah is not layin down.......the girl is jamaican.....it's freezin...i didn't care one way or the other....i will say an effort was put out though. if she made it i wouldn't have mind, but i think it would've confused the shit out of y'all. i didn't know that it was a big deal. when mtv interviewed me at woodstock chris connely didn't know my name...but he knew to ask "what's up with you guys and eve?". i guess it was a tad insensitive not to put her in (i'm the one who deals with such matters)i was just worried about the group. i hope eve isn't mad (being as though "what you want" is out BDS"n any song we put out to radio. i too feel that she is more a household word than us now, so i don't think she still is/should be riffin. sorry eve. i'm still a fan.<P>ps.. all that "featuring erykah badu stuff on the single and video was strickly the label. y'all know we have mad cameos and they are never credited. i don't like the artist to feel like we are "juicing them". mca did that stuff. oh god, watch this shit show up in vibe tommorow.<P><P><P><P><P><BR>"god get me outta this mess"