Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYup!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28886
28886, Yup!
Posted by Nesta, Wed Jul-28-99 09:18 AM
>erykah dropped a verse on Busta's 2nd <BR>>solo LP, one the track "One". <BR>>Supposedly, she used to emcee before <BR>>she vocalized, but i ain't really <BR>>know. <P>Yeah back in her high school days she you use to rhyme. She's friends with and went to high school with Roy Hargrove (great young jazz trumpet player, if you didn't know). At her show at the Supper Club in NYC (a little before the Live album came out), Roy played with her and then kicked the beat box (like they used to in high school, I think she said her crew was called Peaches and Cream - my memory fails me) and Erykah kicked a verse or two. <P>"Okayplayer like Stress!" - Black Thought<P>"Like Sadam they even say I'm the bomb in Baghdad!" - Rakim (f. Rahzel)<P>"Ev'rytime I hear the crack of a whip, My blood runs cold.<BR>I remember on the slave ship, How they brutalize the very souls.<BR>Today they say that we are free, Only to be chained in poverty.<BR>Good God, I think it's illiteracy; It's only a machine that makes money.<BR> Slave driver, the table is turn, y'all. " - R.N. Marley<BR>