Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAnyhoo!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28867
28867, Anyhoo!
Posted by Nesta, Fri Jul-30-99 10:09 AM
1. I thought you were postin to me, because your post is right under mine! <P>2. Hip is a bullshit term that means nothing to me. There's music that moves you and music that doesn't. Jennfire Lopez, Puff Daddy, backstreet Boyz, N-Sync are considered hip by some. I don't buy their stuff, they don't move me or do anything for me (even though I love "The Benjamins" - great track). And by you're reasoning I suppose that music I don't like I must consider "unhip", if they're is such a word. How about when there's an artist you love but you don't buy one particualr album because you heard it and it sucks? Hip, unip, indifferent? <P>Now, I'm being nitpicky. Anyway, clearly we won't agree on this and I should've let teh post go like Phil!<P>"Okayplayer like Stress!" - Black Thought<P>"Young, gifted and black. We must begin to tell our young.<BR>There's a world waiting for you. This is a ?uest that's just begun.<BR>When you feel really low. Yeah, there's a great truth you should know.<BR>When you're young, gifted and black. Your soul's intact!" - N.Simone/W. Irvine<P>