Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectoh, boy...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28864
28864, oh, boy...
Posted by guest, Fri Jul-30-99 09:02 AM
you're arguing against points that were never really made<BR>phil originally took offense to the wording<BR>but the point WAS that white folks are responsible for who the roots are right now<BR>(as far as paying bills)<BR>no one has a problem with that<BR>in other words<BR>the original question posed was asking<BR>whether white folks are sustaining their career<BR>(the answer is yes)<BR>that stemmed from a comment about white folks<BR>and whether they're the majority rap/hip hop consumer audience<BR>which they/you are<BR>about 70% statistically<BR>that's all...<BR>word it differently if you want<BR>but the whole "hip" thing is nitpicking<BR>yet...<BR>trust me<BR>without you guys, jazz artists would be on the corner right now. and you didn't always "dig" it or find it "hip"<BR>once you did<BR>we began dealing with the episode from<BR>the intro to TFA. period.<BR>peace/love<P>"you can meet my folks and figure me out<BR>as the mean that soul means<BR>the colors that blues use<BR>and moods jazz expresses<BR>not on his own understanding he leans<BR>claiming his muses<BR>and constructing when he blesses<BR>with imagery vividly portrayed<BR>messages conveyed<BR>immaculately accurate<BR>not just adequate acumen<BR>reaps accolades and such"<BR> -- WORD SMITH