Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectReply
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28856
28856, Reply
Posted by Phil, Fri Jul-30-99 05:33 AM
I'm not saying that they are unrelated....it is obvious that music and culture are related. What i'm trying to point out is that people enjoy things for different reasons that's all. I mean, you've got to start somewhere right? I'm sure that when you find something new you like it's not because you've said, I want to do some research on this so I can say I like it for the right reason. You know what I mean? But I know what you mean when you mentioned the Intro to TFA. But the reason for putting that in is as much for black people being apathetic to their culture as it is for white people jumping on the band wagon. From what i've understood ?uest and the crew say anyways. <P>Damn...this is way too interesting a convo to be having while i'm at work...i'm definately not getting enuff done today.<P>Peace,<BR>Phil<P><BR>"Okayplayer.com, first the Web, next, the World!" - Phil copyright 1999<BR>"Phil, You're a Genius" - Kayci Copyright 1999<BR>"I'm not a genius, I just say what other people should be thinking." - Phil Copyright 1999