Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectEve needs as much as she can get
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28840&mesg_id=28846
28846, Eve needs as much as she can get
Posted by guest, Wed Jul-28-99 09:07 AM
Now, I am not a BIG fan of Eve. I like The Roots more than i like Eve. I just wanted to know what the story behind all of this was. I think its pretty messed up when you do something and dont get credit for it. I dont think she cares about how succesful she is now, i know it still bothers her that everybody thinks is Badu rhyming on "You got me."<P>Yeah, she has DMX/ruffryders to back her up. So is that reason enough for her not to get credit for what she did with the Roots? I dont think the Roots collaborate with people on some strictly business type of shhh, i thought they would only work with people that they were feeling and were cool with. In other words i thought Eve and the Roots were cool. It doesnt seem like it because of the lack of presence and credit given to Eve for "you got me." I dont think the liner notes are enough.<P>So she has mad exposure with her new video...<BR>that is NOW. but back then, she didnt. Only hip-hop heads probably knew who she was. This brings me to my other point, the type of audience that she would attract. For example, i know more white kids that are into the roots than minorities. Sad but true. Eve could've reached this type of audience if she appeared on the "you got me" video. So now she would have all the roughneck crowd through Ruff ryders, and she would have alot of the "woodstock" type of crowd that love MTV.<P>Now, i dont know how things really went down, The Roots and Eve are probably the only ones that know. the above comments are in response to what <BR>people have posted.<P>I think Eve will be succesful regardless, but i STILL think you gotta give credit where credit is due...<BR>