Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMine...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28698&mesg_id=28734
28734, Mine...
Posted by Phil, Mon Sep-13-99 04:28 PM
I've got plenty of em.....but here goes...a la ?uest and i'ma break it down album by album...<P>Organix....<P>Pass the popcorn....On tariq's last verse when he's rhyming just over the beat, completely in synch with the beat...just gets your head nodding..<P>Anti-Circle.....Inspector Gadget....when they are breaking it down and at the end, you get a "Get Down!" Love that part.<P>Good Music.....Bends over to pick up his sticks and his pants fall down...haha, I always laff at that part...btw, did that really happen??<P>DYWM<P>Title Track...BAG PIPES, and thought scratching at the end is a killer.<P>Silent Treatment....The sax at the end....When Tariq ends the chorus for the first time....from 5:35 to 5:50...I absolutely love that part. And the whistling too....tell me you don't try whistling that everytime.<P>The Lesson....Lookin over my left shoulder the mic still feel colder than before....DICE RAW...The Motherfuckin wild noid, get on the mic and perpetratin is void! Across your back Ka-KRACK!<P>The Unlocking....."Tell me what....What's my name??"<P>I remain Calm....I have ya headin for the water like a refugee from Haiti.<P>Illadelph....<P>Respond/React....that whole song is ill lyrically.....But I really dig the end of Tariq's last verse...shhh shhh shhh..That's the sound of they dynasty chant...we surround your camp, assumin the war stance, now bring it from the chest now let's dance......and when he "Introduces" Malik....M-Illa-Tant!<P>Panic, cuz that song is so dark and spooky.<P>Push Up ya Lighter...the kick and snare on that is lovely.<P>The Hypnotic...when Tariq starts his second verse....Hub changes the bassline slightly by adding in a couple notes.....I always thought that was so cool, and I wondered why he only does it once thru the whole song. Was that a mistake you guys left in ?uest???<P>All Right Ladies....Lights Out!!! *SLAM*<P>No Alibi...The hook on that song is just ridiculous. I love this song.<P>What they do...like quest said...the end is neato...everytime I listen to that song, the end makes me wanna pick up a bass and learn so I can play along.<P>I'll finish the rest tomorrow.....too much to think about....and my brain is mush right about now.<P>Phil<P><P><P>"Okayplayer.com, first the Web, next, the World!" - Phil copyright 1999<BR>"Phil, You're a Genius" - Kayci Copyright 1999<BR>"I'm not a genius, I just say what other people should be thinking." - Phil Copyright 1999<BR>"Girl, you so chicken, your Grandfather's name is Colonel Sanders" - Phil Copyright 1999