Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSome thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=2851&mesg_id=2956
2956, Some thoughts
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue Jun-01-04 10:16 AM
There are some great ideas bouncing around here. Use them. I especially liked the Okayplayer email idea.

Okayhustle would be great too - there's a lot of advice traded on here, and centralizing that in one spot would be a very useful tool to the community members. Only downside is that it wouldn't have any direct benefit to the Okayplayer brand name, except for building site/brand loyalty.

I would like to see some further refinement of the forum categories...
-Someone in the Lesson proposed recently that it be broken down into a hip-hop forum and an 'everything else' forum. I don't know if that's a good idea, especially with many lessonheads' eclecticism, but I do think the idea seriously worth considering.
-Also I see above much support for what was once proposed - and ultimately considered, but not seriously - as the Okayproducer board. Again, I don't have a strong opinion (except that this would clear up space in the Lesson) but do feel the concept is ripe for consideration, albeit for all recording folks, not just producers.
-Better definition for the Reviews forum.
-More geographic spotlights on bands I wouldn't have heard otherwise, as with Maktub. (i know, this depends on the labels shelling out cash.)
-Expansion of OKP brand officially into other genres that might appeal to folks here. While hip-hop is the core, there are hundreds of us who visit everyday for other reasons. (I know, this depends on labels shelling out cash.)
-Ever think about Okayplayer magazine?

Overall, though, I think the site's current incarnation & direction are excellent. The forum design is great as is, and, well, in short - it ain't broke.