Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: a win-a-date-with-ben contest
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=2851&mesg_id=2914
2914, RE: a win-a-date-with-ben contest
Posted by flypaper, Mon May-31-04 05:19 AM
yeah, that's it
we should start an okayplayer dating service, match.com would have nothin on that shit!

Ben, I swear you broke into my house and took a pic of my cat

I like the format of the boards, its easy to find old topics and unlike some other boards it doesn't become a type of instant message conversation.The only problem is there should be some option to view the entire thread without sigs. A quote page would be great for some of those long sigs, because they're a good read but really clutter a page.

As for different artists having little side pages (like their band of the week,etc.)there should be some directory created with a description of whats goin on or links to whatever that artist has recently contributed. You have to realize that the majority of people that come on here probably don't intend to debate the lyrics of dywm vs. halflife, they just want to say "I talked to Quest and he thinks...." So if you want to branch out you have to cater to those people and get them interested

I would kill for an okayplayer radio station (with exclusives from established artists and clips from the lesson and hot underground shit) but some art gallery would be a really logical first step.The record label I also really am hoping to see take off.

By the way- how big is the staff and does the site really pull in any money?