Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe answer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28500&mesg_id=28574
28574, the answer
Posted by qoolquest, Mon Sep-13-99 09:32 PM
<BR>>Category 8: Didn't people like Erykah and Lauryn start off in that category?<P><BR>no. i told you what propelled them to startdom and what kept them from living in meshell's pit of hell.<P><P><BR> What happened?<P>read my posts again.........<P> For example, last week's Village Voice ran an article about Hip Hop Activism, and there was a lot of criticism about Lauryn Hill's Refugee Project, a lot of MC's (anonymous of course, cuz don't nobody get quoted sayin' nuthin' bad about Lauryn!) felt like the Project wasn't really effective because its offices are based in SoHo, and it's sponsored in part by Armani, not to mention the lack of an "agenda"............<BR>>So my ?uestion for brother ?uest is this: How can one "blow up" without going pop? How can one be magnanamously famous, and still be effective in the "community"?<P><P>read my post again. all the answers are there. lauryn can open up a scillion summer camps......but god forbid if she dosn't have a <BR>>Peace&Blessings........<P>> countrified/everythang I eat is fried/got a <BR>>southern drawl/I'm so country y'all -Erykah <BR>><P><BR>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"