Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectmc's and west indies
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28500&mesg_id=28561
28561, mc's and west indies
Posted by bc, Fri Sep-10-99 07:58 AM
?, I feel the frustration and my heart goes out to you. I know that must have been rough.<P>I have a question related to you statement about 'riq's lack of audience perception.<P>Why is it that hip-hop artists go to W.I. events and continually get clowned?<BR>I think of Biggie getting booed off the stage at (I think it was) Sunsplash for not being dressed appropriately, and lately DMX being arrested for cursing and now you being surprised at the reception to a weak presentation.<P>Don't fools know that folks from the W.I. demand that you come correct? My roommate from college is Jamaican and he used to let me know about how they did not play when it comes to their events. It is a party, but it is also a huge cultural celebration and if you don't bring the noise, they will let you know.<P>I guess I'm surprised that you were surprised. That should have been a huge day for you guys and with or without the fatality drama you seemed remarkably unprepared. Finally a stage with hundreds of thousands waiting to be rocked.<BR>I'm feelin' both sadness about the tragedy and disappointment about the opportunity lost.<P>only love intended,<BR>bc<P>"I draw a crowd like an architect"-Rakim