Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectUh uh......................
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28500&mesg_id=28551
28551, Uh uh......................
Posted by guest, Thu Sep-09-99 04:09 AM
<BR>...if 5 children were crushed by a van. and another man squeezed to death then motherfuck naivete. the parade should've stopped right then and there. and with the streets all blood red like that there is no way that people couldn't have known. that's downright insensitive. is that the brooklyn way? hope not.<P>No, it's not the Brooklyn way. Watch it! You're being a tad bit unfair by presupposing that there is "no way" that people could not have known. I mentioned before that my boyfriend and I were just a few blocks away when the tragedy occurred, and we were none the wiser. Not because we're "insensitive" or showed disregard, but because we honestly were unaware of what happened. We didn't see the blood red streets. The only screams we heard were, "Raise ya flag up!" We also didn't have the vantage point that you had, since you were up on a float. We watched the news that night, too. I agree with you, the parade should have been stopped. Innocent lives were lost. I'm not down for partying during someone else's tragedy (actually OUR tragedy, as folk). But you're reeeeeeallly takin' it there with the "is that the Brooklyn way?" comment. It's unfair. I was there. I live in Brooklyn. I organize in Brooklyn. And I just didn't know that children were dying. I'm certain that there were others like me, who, had they known what the f**ck was happening would've acted accordingly, SENSITIVELY and respectfully. Peace.<P><P>countrified/everythang I eat is fried/got a southern drawl/I'm so country y'all<BR>-Erykah