Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectso stupid!!!! why am i so damn stoopid!!!! what was i thinking?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28500&mesg_id=28548
28548, so stupid!!!! why am i so damn stoopid!!!! what was i thinking?
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Sep-08-99 12:47 PM
Why come half <BR>>assed with insufficient speakers?<P>my point exactly. although you make it sound like i was on some "well, lemme pocket this loot and let's roll with this walkman speaker system" again i had nothing to do with any of this. trust me......next time i'll know.<P><P><P><BR> This <BR>>is BK (where I'm from, I <BR>>go to the parade almost every <BR>>year) you will get dissed.<P>i know this.<BR> <BR>>Perhaps since this is a huge <BR>>event for black people, a little <BR>>bit more time & care to <BR>>your presentation should've been given by <BR>>whoever handles those things for you. <BR>> Most parade participants are practicing <BR>>months in advance and usually non <BR>>west Indian hip hop artist come <BR>>correct with their floats or their <BR>>stands - to make up for <BR>>the fact that they aren't doing <BR>>traditional reggae, soca, or calypso music.<P>again this was for a movie. this wasn't a serious attempt to join the parade. believe you me, it was my only day off and a nigga was tryin to rent some dvds, and pig out on alaskan king crab legs at a bar b que. my people handle my business just fine. the movie company perhaps was handicapped by a low budget or something i don't know......trust me for a non platinum/ non mtv/ non hot 97 group to last this long in the game, you best believe that my "business" is run in tip-top shape. (shadup seattle, i know iknow!!)<BR>><BR>>2) I didn't go to the parade <BR>>this year but my friends & <BR>>family did. Anyone who goes knows <BR>>that it is hard to tell <BR>>whats going on 2 ft away <BR>>from you because of the millions <BR>>of people in attendance. A friend <BR>>of mine got hurt 4 years <BR>>ago & nobody noticed - that <BR>>is why you got booed when <BR>>you stopped, no doubt most of <BR>>the participates weren't aware that <BR>>someone was dead up ahead.<P>scuse me. i saw the news that night. that shit was absoulte chaos. and i'm sorry if you witnessed or didn't witness it......if 5 children were crushed by a van. and another man squeezed to death then motherfuck naivete. the parade should've stopped right then and there. and with the streets all blood red like that there is no way that people couldn't have known. that's downright insensitive. is that the brooklyn way? hope not.<BR> <BR>>I've been @ the parade when <BR>>people were shot & nobody know <BR>>til we got home. Please <BR>>don't act like the attendees were <BR>>unfeeling savages..that is not the case.<P>i won't go that far......but i'm gonna call a spade a spade.<P> <BR>><BR>>3) Why are y'all gonna come up <BR>>in the West Indian parade - <BR>>essentially the biggest black assembly in <BR>>NYC and slob all over a <BR>>white girl with the most beautiful <BR>>black women from damn near every <BR>>part of the world watching?<P>because that's what the script called for. plain and simple. yeah it was a tad uncomfortable but such is life......i know you ain't tryin to start shit right?<P><P> <BR>>Common sense tells you that that <BR>>ones not going to fly. I <BR>>mean come on!!<P>actually he didn't. he saw the paycheck and was like "can i borrow a dollar?"<P><P> <BR>>4) Do y'all dance to your own <BR>>music? <P>-sure. if it has a pulse........<P><P> Really, I love the <BR>>Roots material <P>.....as i can clearly see......<P><P>but most of it <BR>>will not work @ a parade <BR>>that glorifies celebration & DANCING!!!<P>i know. trust me. i know<P> <BR>>Had Wyclef (who I can't stand) <BR>>been there he would've done his <BR>>material that suited the occasion. <BR>>Sounds like the Roots weren't prepared <BR>>@ all for the parade then <BR>>y'all wonder why people aren't feeling <BR>>you.<P>ureaka!!!!!!!!<P><P> Now you've left a negative <BR>>impression including the vibe that you <BR>>don't respect your own by not <BR>>being ready for one of their <BR>>biggest celebrations.<P>yep. fuck black people!!! you pulled me out the closet. i'd do a drive by from bari to bedstuy. congrats you pulled the sheet off me. fuck niggas and black people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how'd you do it so easily? i mean for the mere fact i do hip-hop should of been clue enough to let y'all know how much i hate my own.....you're good. real good.<P><BR> The Roots are a <BR>>great group<P>okay. joke time is over.<P><BR> but sometimes I wonder <BR>>what y'all (or maybe it management) <BR>>be thinking. <P>i don't know, but you really gonna flip when you see me in blackface in spike lee's "bamboozeled"........we'll see how much y'all love me then......<P><BR>"....start your own company??!? your parents don't have enough money to buy you a company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"<P>"fuck the world, don't ask me for shit!!!!!!...."<BR>-meth and some guy from bk