Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectresponse to nahymsa
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28500&mesg_id=28545
28545, response to nahymsa
Posted by atruhead, Wed Sep-15-99 06:01 AM
>With black men trippin' all over each <BR>>other for any nonblack woman that <BR>>looks their way<P>Im usually real p.c., and have even told my mother that people should date whoever theyre feeling (when she said she would cuss me out right in front of her if I ever brought a white girl in her house), but I must say that what you wrote above isnt the case at all. Going into the new millenium im pretty sure that a good majority of brothas believe that black/latino/caribbean is beautiful. Im not sayin I would never date a white female (havent yet) but shorty would have to be EXCEPTIONAL, im talkin a vast knowledge of hip hop, down to earth as hell, cant be bourgeois (boojie for yall ebonic lovers), cant be worried about whats in my pockets, and look more than presentable. Where as with a sista, natural hair and a good attitude and personality is all I really need. It would take A LOT for me to pass up a sista for a white girl, I dont think I know anybody "trippin over themselves for any nonblack female looking their way". Some brothas sell out (no, a sell out doesnt just equate to dating a white girl, its more than that), some brothas just give up after getting dogged out, and some just wanna take the easy way out with a female that wont give them any lip, and will go along with whatever they say, with no kind of argument. I have yet to be in any of those categories. Just like Im sure there are good, single black women left in this world, there are men out there who value yall for the beautiful but difficult to understand phenomenon that you are.<P> <BR>and the general <BR>>anger present in our community revolving <BR>>that issue<P>To each his own, if the next man wants to date out of his race, let him do that. Thats him, chances are hes missing out. If youre not friends or family you have no right judging a man on who he dates. Even if you are friends or family it should go no further than constructive criticism. Actions come based on experiences, a mans experiences will lead him to whatever path he chooses with whatever nationality of a woman. From the age of 16 and up a man doesnt need people telling him whats right and whats wrong, what he shouldnt be doing, because chances are hes gonna do exactly what he wants anyway, or rebel if he feels like hes being held down.<P> <BR>...it doesn't seem too <BR>>smart to me (filming a movie <BR>>or not) to roll up in <BR>>sea of black face, many of <BR>>them women, with a white love <BR>>interest. <P>It seemed smart to the director, a setting of a movie is just that, if anybody at the parade saw cameras and knew who tariq was, they would say "okay, this cant be a roots documentary theyre filming". It had to have been fairly obvious they were shooting a movie, and those people that play roles in movies are called actors who do the job of ACTing like theyre whoever the character is, everybodys gotta live. You can bet the house that if most of my money came from small royalties, and touring and they said "we got a movie for you, but your girl is white" if the role was good enough, my name would be on the dotted line. Chances are thought isnt dating a white girl in real life, and if he is what business is that of ours?