Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectFOR THE LAST TIME- I AM NOT JAYDEE!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28427&mesg_id=28451
28451, FOR THE LAST TIME- I AM NOT JAYDEE!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Fri Oct-08-99 10:02 PM
1) My name is Jeffrey David, therefore J.D.<BR>2) I am from the D., therefore DET313(area code)<BR>3) My boy has been real tight with JayDee since around '93, therefore we always make ventures to Jay's crib...if _________ (insert name of one of your favorite producers here) lived in your backyard and you had access to hearing his shit, wouldn't u do the same???<BR>4) If i were Jaydee, why would i come on the Roots web site posing as someone else and ride my own jock? That would be some pretty egotistical, self-serving shit- two things that the REAL jaydee is not. He is a very cool and very humble person.<BR>5) Detroit's hip hop circle is a very small one, as well as the city isn't that big, so yes, you do just run into people.<BR>6) I never stated that i was JayDee in ANY post or reply. If i talk about JayDee/ Slum Village alot, I'm sorry. Detroit has not had any group or sound (hip hop wise) since Motown that has defined the city or represented its people and i think Esvee may be the first to do that (in my opinion). So of course, i want to expose people to them as much as i can- ecspecially since after the "Slum Village Wars" ?uest won't bring it up (i don't blame u). I think Jay is the next great producer (he already is, but just wait...), and i feel Esvee's style- their album is incredible!<BR>In closing, I'm sorry if some of y'all asumed i was jayDee because of any of the aforementioned reasons. And i'm sorry if you haven't heard Slum's album (no, its never gonna come out), or you think JayDee broke up Tribe (they lost their direction, and tried to ride JayDee's style), but i am not him...sorry if i disappointed u. I'm just a fan like everyone else. Peace.