Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTEESHIRT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28337&mesg_id=28356
28356, TEESHIRT
Posted by guest, Thu Nov-11-99 09:50 PM
My super deluxe apologies for not rocking a KlangSkwad shirt at the Pittsburgh show (10/11/99). But I did hold the sign up high for most of the performance, (you wrote on it for me after the show). "KLLLLLLLAAAANGGGGGGSKWAAADDDDDDDD".<P>In recollection...the only time I wasn’t pushing the sign up high, was when I was in the wayyyyyy faaarrrrrrrr back of the club with Emmai Alaquiva selling the t-shirts Keith and Tina asked us to sell. I thought to myself, "okay I'm an OKAYPLAYER and street-team rep why not (it’s my duty) " so I ate my humble pie and I complied with zero complaints...soon the show is in the full swing of things and I'm still wayyyy back there while the spot I staked out earlier that evening was gone (long gone). Quiv and myself alternated back and forth to see the show (although I bullied my way up front with the sign for a good min.) I still spent a mass majority of the show waaaayyyyyyyyyy in the back selling t-shirts. The clock tics around to about 11:00 and the show is complete (an A performance by the way) and our total sales came damn near close to a beautiful grand, so I'm thinking, with dozen or two shirts left over and the large profit gained, Keith or Tina will at least offer me one of the extras for the work I put in. So I stand there and I wait and wait and wait for the offer...I stop holding my breath, and all I think I got was a "thanks" (but I'm not even sure if I got that). I was Salty…I know you guys were busy and all but you even gave the club Laga sound guy a T-shirt right in front of me and he got paid to do what he did. <P>My name is Cameron<P>KlangSkwadCam "KlangKlang"<P>