Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBefore I get to school, let me respond ....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28282&mesg_id=28333
28333, Before I get to school, let me respond ....
Posted by NazDak, Tue Nov-16-99 04:59 AM
>Oh Nazzy, where do I begin. <BR>>First off, let me start by <BR>>saying that you coming on here, <BR>>and posting the way you did <BR>>(all disrespectfully and such, with all <BR>>the cussing and name calling) doesn't <BR>>help the situation at all. <BR>>And then for you to close <BR>>your statement with "Peace" is just <BR>>pure hypocracy. <P> To each his own. I think it WILL Help the situation. Thats why I posted it. I ALWAYS say peace to my peoples. You and your corny friends can take that however you like. Maybe it wasnt even meant for you.<P>>Now, let me attack your points for <BR>>a moment (respectfully too, I might <BR>>add). The kid I assume <BR>>you're talking about who is mad <BR>>that the show he wanted to <BR>>go to was 21 and over <BR>>and only 5 dollars was my <BR>>friend Broke. Okay, first of <BR>>all, if every Roots show was <BR>>21 and over, and you never <BR>>got to see the roots (till <BR>> you were 21), you'd probably <BR>>be a little pissed too (you'll <BR>>probably disagree just for the sake <BR>>of disagreeing with me).<P> Let me disagree just because I think you're out of line. ALOT of people never get to see shows until they're a certain age. Since when is that the artists' fault? I'll tell you when....Since THESE particular artists have some form of contact with their fans. Do you think an 18 year old would get all upset at Marilyn Manson because he couldnt get into a concert? Possibly...but would they go on his damn website and say "Fuck Marilyn Manson??" No. Not unless the whole point of the post is to draw attention. Your Broke ass friend had no valid complaints. He was just in dire need of attention. Posting in an attempt to take out some of his frustrations on the boards, and be noticed by the band at the same time. Point is, get over it. Go play with some video games or something..and wait till youre of age. I had to do it, so do you.<P><BR> Also, <BR>>the price was never an issue. <BR>> Like we (Broke, MarcOne, and <BR>>myself) all said, we'd be willing <BR>>to pay 20 bucks a ticket <BR>>as long as the Roots ACTUALLY <BR>>SHOW UP! (don't know if you <BR>>know about the whole Bumbershoot thing <BR>>in Seattle) <P>Well, thats great. You only have to pay 5 dollars for this show! Why was it even challenged by you or one of your friends.<BR> <BR>>Now, I was the one who said <BR>>Ahmir "had" to do a show <BR>>on thanksgiving. And if you <BR>>read the original thread I replied <BR>>back to him and told him <BR>>that it was a figure of <BR>>speech (like, it's a job, but <BR>>you still HAVE (emphasis added) to <BR>>do it). I know that <BR>>he doesn't have to shit if <BR>>he doesn't want to and I <BR>>told him that I was sorry <BR>>he would be away from his <BR>>family and that his aunt was <BR>>ill. <P> Good. You should have appologized.<P><BR>> Like I said, we clearly <BR>>stated we'd be willing to pay <BR>>whatever to see the Roots as <BR>>long as the performed. In <BR>>fact, I specifically asked Quest why <BR>>the show was so cheap (I <BR>>kinda thought they were selling them <BR>>short, if money is that big <BR>>of an issue). <P> How sweet.<P>>WE don't want "special treatment" or "free <BR>>stuff" as you put it. <BR>>How is asking if the Roots <BR>>can do an all ages show <BR>>special treatment? or asking for free <BR>>stuff for that matter? <P> You've got to be kidding, right? People are so damn spoiled from this shit. Be glad youre even GETTING a roots show over there. And Free Stuff?? Please. Now everyone's a charity case?<P>>As for ruining the site by "using <BR>>it as a means of personal <BR>>communication with Band members," uh, I <BR>>think that's what the site was <BR>>kinda put up for, huh? yeah, exactly. <P> Nope. Not Exactly. It was put up as a forum for ROOTS FANS. Not for fans to talk to the roots. It just so happens that the ROOTS appreciate the FANS enough to interact with them. <P>>Finally, in case you didn't know, the <BR>>name of the Roots show here <BR>>in Seattle is called "The Redemption <BR>>Show". That's about as close <BR>>as you can get to admitting <BR>>that Seattle was "shitted on" , <BR>>right? Otherwise there'd be nothing <BR>>to redeem, right? <P> Which brings me to ask you...Isnt a 5 Dollar ROOTS performance redemption enough?? I'm sure alot of people that would be "shitted on" as you put it, to see a 5 dollar roots performance.<P>>Respectfully Yours, <BR>>Crossfaded <BR>>P.S. - I'm 23, just so you <BR>>know that I'm doing this anyway, <BR>>even though a 21 show doesn't <BR>>affect my ability to see the <BR>>Roots. <P> Thats great. Bring your girl or something and dont worry so much about 17 or 18 year olds. They'll be able to see other shows, dont worry. <BR> <BR> Naz<P><BR>"I'm so ahead of my time, my parents havent met yet"--Big L (RIP)<BR> <BR> "PTHBT"--Maria<BR> <BR> Pick up ROOTS COME ALIVE!!! Available in either Single CD or Limited edition Enhanced Double CD. The First Live HipHop Album in almost 10 years...COP THAT!!!!<P>