Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNAZDAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28282&mesg_id=28332
28332, NAZDAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Mon Nov-15-99 11:40 AM
Oh Nazzy, where do I begin. First off, let me start by saying that you coming on here, and posting the way you did (all disrespectfully and such, with all the cussing and name calling) doesn't help the situation at all. And then for you to close your statement with "Peace" is just pure hypocracy.<P>Now, let me attack your points for a moment (respectfully too, I might add). The kid I assume you're talking about who is mad that the show he wanted to go to was 21 and over and only 5 dollars was my friend Broke. Okay, first of all, if every Roots show was 21 and over, and you never got to see the roots (till you were 21), you'd probably be a little pissed too (you'll probably disagree just for the sake of disagreeing with me). Also, the price was never an issue. Like we (Broke, MarcOne, and myself) all said, we'd be willing to pay 20 bucks a ticket as long as the Roots ACTUALLY SHOW UP! (don't know if you know about the whole Bumbershoot thing in Seattle)<P>Now, I was the one who said Ahmir "had" to do a show on thanksgiving. And if you read the original thread I replied back to him and told him that it was a figure of speech (like, it's a job, but you still HAVE (emphasis added) to do it). I know that he doesn't have to shit if he doesn't want to and I told him that I was sorry he would be away from his family and that his aunt was ill.<P>As for not appreciating this forum...that's bull isht. If we didn't appreciate it we would not post and take it for granted (which is the opposite of "appreciate"). To be a "Roots fan" and not post would be to not appreciate it. I think the Roots put this forum up not only to hear the good but, to hear the bad as well.<P>Of course life goes on if there's not an all ages show in Seattle (which there is now by the way...thanks Quest). We were simply requesting that an all ages show be put on, not asking the Roots to "suit our every need." If they suited my every need they'd have to move to Seattle and do a show here once a month, or some isht like that.<P>Again, we never said Quest "owed us an explanation as to why he charges so much for concert tickets." Like I said, we clearly stated we'd be willing to pay whatever to see the Roots as long as the performed. In fact, I specifically asked Quest why the show was so cheap (I kinda thought they were selling them short, if money is that big of an issue).<P>WE don't want "special treatment" or "free stuff" as you put it. How is asking if the Roots can do an all ages show special treatment? or asking for free stuff for that matter? <P>As for ruining the site by "using it as a means of personal communication with Band members," uh, I think that's what the site was kinda put up for, huh? yeah, exactly.<P>Finally, in case you didn't know, the name of the Roots show here in Seattle is called "The Redemption Show". That's about as close as you can get to admitting that Seattle was "shitted on" , right? Otherwise there'd be nothing to redeem, right?<P>Respectfully Yours,<P>Crossfaded<P>P.S. - I'm 23, just so you know that I'm doing this anyway, even though a 21 show doesn't affect my ability to see the Roots.<P><P>"I drop bombs like one-armed wide receivers" -- Ras Kass