Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMy Suggestion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28282&mesg_id=28282
28282, My Suggestion
Posted by NazDak, Sat Nov-13-99 10:06 PM
For the past few weeks on these boards, I've seen nothing but bitching and complaining from people who post on this site. Ever time I log on, I seem to come across a post where someone is mad because they cant get some free shit, or mad because of age requirements. <BR> Just a few minutes ago, I peeped a thread by some kid who actually feels that he has the right to be mad at the Roots because a show he wanted to go to was:<BR> A) 21 and Over<BR> and<BR> B) A whopping 5 DOLLARS!!<BR> <BR> Someone in that same thread had the nerve to say that Ahmir HAS to do a show on thanksgiving, despite the fact that he could easily be with his family instead. Fucking amazing.<BR> Well, to all of you ungrateful, ignorant little bastards who believe you deserve that privilege, as well as members of the Roots, I have a suggestion....<BR> How about if Roots members no longer post?<BR> Simple as that.<BR> Obviously, These fucks don't seem to appreciate the fact that they can actually engage in ANY type of communication with some of their favorite artists. Unlike the VAST majority of OTHER artists in the Hiphop Genre of music (or any genre of music for that matter), the artists which make up the okayplayer roster seem to genuinely have a sense of closeness with their fans. However, seeing how things are beginning to turn out...I think I'm starting to see why so many other artists choose to keep their business/personal lives behind the scenes. Because of ingrates like you....who THINK you have the right to pass judgment on ANYTHING these people do. They are artists. Entertainers. Their job is to entertain you...not to specifically suit your every need.<BR> If you cant get into a Roots show because you're not old enough..too damn bad. Everyone had to grow up, so do you. Stop bitching because you feel left out.<BR> If you think ?uestlove owes YOU an explanation as to why HE charges So much for concert tickets...well, think again. HE doesn't Charge anything, # 1. # 2...Ticket prices for Roots concerts are NEVER overpriced. # 3...You have 2 WONDERFUL options regarding your attendance at shows...you can either GO, or NOT GO. Pick one, stop crying.<BR> Just the fact that some of you think you have the right to question the personal lives of these artists makes me sick. You people are EXACTLY what everyone knew was the inevitable....a bunch stuck up, angry little kids who want special treatment, free stuff, etc. Ungrateful bastards, just like I said before. YOU are ruining this site because you try to use it as a means of personal communication with Band members, instead of communication with other Roots fans. I despise all of you...and if *I* do, I'm sure the band members do as well. They have every right to.<BR> SO, to the Roots, Jazzy's, Common, D'angelo, and any artists who may join the okayplayer roster in the future....Be wary of when and what you post around these people. They aren't posting for the love of posting and making their voices heard to the collective "Family" we developed over the past few months...They are posting just to find a way to make YOU hear them....See them....and I completely understand if you hate them. Lord knows I already do.<BR> Peace,<BR> Naz<P> "I'm so ahead of my time, my parents havent met yet"--Big L (RIP)<BR> <BR> "PTHBT"--Maria<BR> <BR> <P>