Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRoots in Seattle
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28271
28271, Roots in Seattle
Posted by Jay, Fri Nov-12-99 04:00 AM
In defense of the Roots I'd like to make this statment:<P>As a concert promoter I tried to bring as many hip hop acts (Tha Alkaholiks, Hieroglyphics, RAHZEL((where you there)), The GZA/Genius, etc...) as possible to RKCNDY, an all-ages venue. I just wanted you to know the fact the Roots NEVER played an all ages show in the Seattle area because of their booking agent having a long standing working relationship with a certain promoter who does all of their shows at The Showbox and Aro.Space (both 21 and over venues) who really doesn't care whether the 18 to 20 year old fans ever get to see their favorite artist because it would be too much trouble for them (working around the infamous Seattle teen dance ordinace)and partly because their out of touch with the HIP HOP audience anyway.<P>SO THIS REALLY ISN'T AN ARTIST PROBLEM IT'S JUST AN UNFORTUNATE POLITICAL SITUATION FOR THE PACIFIC NW! <P>P.S. Sorry to those fans that I disappointed by moving to Atlanta, I know there isn't another promoter in Seattle willing to make the sacrifices that I made to make sure that the youth continue to get the opportunity to see live hip-hop. (Had to move for family reasons) <P>***NOTE to the Roots-I'm not saying there is anything wrong with said booking agent's exclusive working relationship with this promoter. (I also agree that she is one of the best in the business)<P>PEACE