Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwhere's the world coming to????
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28256
28256, where's the world coming to????
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-10-99 03:59 AM
I sit here baffled as to how and why this has become such a big issue.<BR>I love the roots, I don't go to every concert. Matter of fact I only been to three since '94. It would never cross my mind to be so heated at them. Maybe seattle fans are more serious about hip hop than us in NYC. Then again, I've been listening to hip hop since 1979, and buying albums since 1983 my roots run deep in this music my music.<BR> I would never in my wildest dreams make such a big stink over not being able to go to a show by my favorite artist, and then tell them when they are finally trying to get the show together, that they are basically not doing it well enough.<BR> On top of that, I would never take a bullet for no hip hop artist either (well, maybe Kool Keith). What's going on in the world today?? Why have we turned our music into such a serious matter. The bottom line is this IT'S JUST MUSIC. IF ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS IS NOT LIVING UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS, DON'T GET ALL MAD AND LOSE SLEEP OVER IT!!!!!!!!! <BR> I'm not gonna defend the roots cuz I don't know what they promised you or if they were assholes to you. That's not the point the point is that this is all not worth the aggravation. Maybe cuz I am older than you cats I gotta better perspective on the whole thing. I don't know, this is all just a little bit overboard for me.