Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI cant believe....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28242
28242, I cant believe....
Posted by NazDak, Sat Nov-13-99 09:31 PM
>aside from listening to hip hop, I <BR>>listen to a lot of punk <BR>>rock and $5 is the normal <BR>>price for a show. Even <BR>>the most popular bands such as <BR>>Green Day rarely charge more than <BR>>10 bucks and they are making <BR>>a fine living. I really <BR>>don't find charging $5 such a <BR>>charity. The Roots will still <BR>>be getting paid for the show, <BR>>and they'll still be racking in <BR>>$25 a T-Shirt. All this <BR>>for doing something they truly love. <BR>> I don't feel sorry for <BR>>them one bit. <BR>> -Eli <P>I just cant believe that in this day and age, motherfuckers are THIS ignorant about all this shit. I go to school for this stuff, but isnt it just common sense as to how things work?? At least to SOME degree? Dont you idiots have a clue about promotion, profit margins, Record contracts, etc? Who's the jerk that said "The roots should go independent and blah blah blah?" WOW....you should consult all the major artists that are going broke with advice like THAT! Hell, I'll bet you can teach Michael Jackson a thing or 2 about making money, huh? <BR> Then, this retard says "They still rack in $25 per t-shirt.." Get a FUCKIN LIFE! Better yet, pick up a book and learn. Take a business course or something. You people are so damn confused. Please.<BR> Naz<P>"I'm so ahead of my time, my parents havent met yet"--Big L (RIP)<BR> <BR> "PTHBT"--Maria<BR> <BR> <P>