Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectquest...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28240
28240, quest...
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-10-99 03:10 PM
<P> Even <BR> does a show for $5 or less........<P>Absolutely, A.F.I., a punk band from the bay area who have been around for many years and are very widely known by those who listen to that style of music, Mr. T Experience same genre (though they usually charge like 7 bucks), Fugazi, who I'm sure you've heard of never plays for more than 6 dollars.<P><P> uh, green day and i share the same agency and the last i checked, their last tour was regular<BR> tour price, $17.50-$25.00<P>their SF shows weren't that price, but maybe that is because they are from here.<P><P> I really <BR> >don't find charging $5 such a <BR> >charity.<P> then you sir are sadly mist----clueless. you gonna look me in the eye and tell me that tribe,<BR> or cypress, or cube, or eminem, or gangstar shows are $3.00? you must be stuck in 1967.<BR> or a cheap ass motherf#$%er.<P><BR>look, I'm paying $20 to see you guys twice in San Francisco, I think the show is definately worth it. You can charge what people will pay. I'm not saying that you should charge $5. I'm just saying that it isn't so unusual. Obviously those bands don't charge $5, there is absolutely nothing wrong with charging more if you feel you are worth it.<P><BR> The Roots will still <BR> >be getting paid for the show,<P> is your name: tina farris? or perhaps richard nichols? or maybe myoshi smith? you gots to<BR> be cause i don't recall having a fool named elmic on payroll. cause only those people are<BR> privy to my info as to whether not i get paid. how dare you speak upon my situation with<BR> convivtion and authority as if you "know that it's no sweat off my back"<P><BR>are you saying that you aren't getting paid? I have no idea how much you are getting paid, but somehow I doubt your getting nothing. If you are not then, you should do something about it, because for the show you put on, you deserve it.<P><BR> >and they'll still be racking in <BR> >$25 a T-Shirt.<P> even if that was the case (which it isn't) what, you think we get to pocket that loot? no.<BR> hell no, that would be spent on maintaining this site so that you can say some more<BR> ignorant shit<P>as for the $25 shirts, I saw you guys in Boston this summer and that was how much ya'll were charging for shirts. There's nothing wrong with that, if that's what the fans are willing to pay. And I should also mention that I really think it's great that you maintain a website like this.<P><BR> <P> ......anybody ask you to feel sorry for me?<P><BR> i swear. i'm cool with lettin motherfucker'spost what they want. but don't think for one<BR> second that im letting someone say something ignorant without a response..........fuck that<BR> shit.<P><BR>I'm glad you responded, but I don't think that my comments are ignorant at all. I'm merely pointing out that $5 for a show isn't such a rarity. And you never asked anyone to feel sorry for you, another fan implied. I regret that line.<P> take care,<P>Eli