Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectChill...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28231
28231, Chill...
Posted by Steve, Tue Nov-09-99 05:20 PM
I know firsthand what it is like not to be able to get into 21 shows, actually I cant even get into 18 shows.<BR>But don't twist this on the Roots.<BR>They do not make these arrangements, the promoters do. Something they cannot control.<BR>It is VERY frustrating for me to not be able to get into shows, but..Don't blame the ARTIST..<P>Although I think your primary reason for the post was to get attention and you obviously do not understand the music industry...<P>y'all are DAMn lucky the roots are even considering playing in Seattle to make up for the show last summer (which was STILL a show, more than most regions of the country and most okayplayers have EVER seen). To play for 5$ shows ridiculous love and appreciation for the fans. Name one other artist who would even think to do this.<P>So dont get all spoiled and whiny over this man..because you just dont know..did you read Ahmir's post?<BR>what he is sacrificing for this show?<BR>Man..just dont start with this.<BR>And don't even call me a dickrider..cause just look at your argument.<BR>If your that heated..goto a sirmixalot show..even HE probably charges more than 5 dollars nowadays.<P>I shouldnt have even responded, but damn, just consider what you said or what your "friend" said.<BR>Peace,<BR>STeve<P><BR>I worship Mr. 1989.