Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHere it is folks...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28225
28225, Here it is folks...
Posted by guest, Tue Nov-09-99 12:06 PM
Yes, i, the pissed off seattle okayplayer am now defending the roots..!<BR>First off, i do feel that the roots have kinda "shitted" on seattle in the past, and i was once a quite upset person because of it. And to all of you doggin my irate friend here, he wouldn't be so pissed if he didn't really like the roots... kinda tough love in a way, guess... not that i think taking the approach he did was the right one.<BR>on to the defending... the roots, specifically quest, have made some pretty damn admerable attempts to correct their wrongs. quest has personaly told me that the show is going to be all ages. do you know why? because i (and im sure others) emailed him asking for to be so! The show WAS going to be at the showbox. it would have been 21 , and god knows how expensive. But the show is going to be all ages, and, according to quest, very cheap. So, if seattle was once dogged by the mighty roots, at least now they're wiping it off, so to speak, and trying to right the wrong they committed a few months ago. And you gotta respect that.<BR>So, on behalf of myself and all my friends who are (almost =)as big fans of the roots as i am, thank you quest, for making the effort. And if you cant find a venue by the 23, i know it'll happen sometime soon, because their are way more people in seattle who feel as i do than there are people who feel as Marc here does. now, thats not to say that i didn't feel betrayed at one time by the roots, but, man, if this was any other group, you wouldn't even have the chance to vent like that! i know, i did it at one time, and quest actually responded to me personally. thats some shit! they've got a whole world to deal with, we are a little corner of the US.<BR>Finally, i hope that post my marc didn't kill your motivation to persue the all ages show in seattle, quest, although id hate to see you miss thanksgiving and all... if it comes down to it, i'll find some way to make it to portland and i'll check yall out there.<P>- eagerly awaiting my chance to finally see the roots live, marius