Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject***** ROOTS you better READ THIS! *****
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28191&mesg_id=28191
28191, ***** ROOTS you better READ THIS! *****
Posted by guest, Mon Nov-08-99 09:17 PM
Just a little message from my homie Broke at the University of Washington.<P>First and foremost, Peace and Love to Rahzel The Godfather of Noize this doesn't apply to you(Thanks for treating me with respect at the Elements of HipHop tour in Vancouver 97 w/Common). Unlike every single person who seems to post on your website and rides your nuts. I come to post my frustration with your hypocracy(sp?) and arrogance. On numerous occasions you have completely shitted on the Pacific Northwest. Well that is where I reside and I take offense to that. This may not be entirely your fault, but you must take at the very least partial blame for this. The Roots have continually done shows in Seattle at the Showbox. This is a 21 & Over venue that serves alcohol. Now that's cool, I ain't mad at y'all for that. However, each and everytime you have come to Seattle you have either performed there, or done a no-show(ahmmm...Bumbershoot). If you guys are supposedly all for the preservation of the hiphop culture as you all so claim. Why is it you virtually ignore the hiphop youth. You all seem to forget that the youth is the future and present of hiphop. The youth have always dictated who deserves monolithic status. Right now despite what all your fanatics claim, you haven't proven to come remotely close to a Public Enemy. You don't show respect for all of the fans that support you. Shit, I have all your albums, but that don't mean I'm just gonna keep getting shitted on by all of you guys. I am not saying I am giving up on you guys yet. I will say that I know for a fact that heads in Seattle have come into ?uestlove about at least appearing and blowing down a few joints at an all-ages venue somehow. But Qwestchun has IGNORED these requests. Well I would hate to see you guys lose the support of thousands(Don't fool yourself, those Hippies/Grungers ain't true fans) of HIPHOP fans to some petty bullshit. I trust you guys will come to your senses and at least make an appearance at an all-ages location. My suggestion would be the University of Washington. Don't worry, by the way. I will email you ?uestlove and be sure you will read this message again if you don't. Until you guys show some respect to your fans, FUCK THE ROOTS.<BR>broke <BR>Seattle, WA USA - Monday, November 08, 1999 at 13:15:30 (CST)<P>"We all be kinda fly, just can't be afraid to spread your wings."<BR> -Dre of Outkast "ATLiens"