Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOne last time at being "nice".
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28156&mesg_id=28179
28179, One last time at being "nice".
Posted by guest, Thu Nov-18-99 08:47 AM
>>As for the over-patriotic fan thing, it <BR>>>was a stereotype, that was the <BR>>>whole point of it. It was <BR>>>to provoke thoughts that "maybe we <BR>>>should be a little more impartial <BR>>>and think for a change" I'm <BR>>>just going on what i've read <BR>>>here since yesterday, and alot of <BR>>>posts are stupid as hell. Alot <BR>>>are very intelligent and have very <BR>>>strong points. <P>>True, but that's what the world is <BR>>like... okayplayer reflects the world we <BR>>live in, this is NOT some <BR>>virtual reality, we all live real <BR>>lives, we're all real people in <BR>>the end. Reply to the ones <BR>>you like and ignore the ones <BR>>you find stupid.<P>- Are you purposely trying to answer an observation? or are you honestly thinking i'm dumb enough to want someone to respond to that by re-typing what i originally typed?<P> <BR>>>I was ever hopeful Quest would offer <BR>>>something substantial in retort to my <BR>>>post, but i was let down. <P>>Define what is 'something substantial' to you <BR>>? My impression is that <BR>>you get an answer, if you <BR>>want to see it. <P>- "something substantial" means, something that means something. Other than contradicting his own previous posts.<P>>>I could care less. I can <BR>>>see he doesn't want to educate <BR>>>his "fans" on things, no disrespect <BR>>>to him. <P>>What are 'things' ? Please ! <P>- Read my original post, or is it too long for you? See those little "?"'s? Those are question marks, they symbolize questions, those are the "things".<BR> <BR>>You post once and expect ?uest <BR>>to reply instantly with all the <BR>>info you need ? He <BR>>has been 'educating' (I'd rather call <BR>>it 'sharing') over here, that is <BR>>one of the main reasons why <BR>>he gets these props over here. <P>- Sharing what? How to alienate his fan base? <P>><BR>><BR>>>Perhaps <P>>Assumptions & guessing tend to turn into <BR>>insinuating ... <P>- It's called speculation.<P>>>as an artist <BR>>>he didn't want the responsibility of <BR>>>the things he's facing at the <BR>>>moment with letters such as Brokes, <BR>>>and posts such as Marc's. <P>>How would stuff like that make YOU <BR>>feel ? <P>- People face criticism everyday of their lives. As an artist he must face it. If he can't justify his actions, that's his problem. But when it comes to shows he has to consider more than just himself. Hence why Broke's letter was very relevant. And why is saying "Fuck The Roots" so bad? Don't mean they don't like their music no more, they could have been merely refering to the Root's attitude toward younger generations.<P>People can't <BR>>be emphatic anymore <BR>>For the LAST TIME : it's not <BR>>us making ?uest (or any Roots <BR>>member or OkayPlayerStaff-member) a 'GOD', it's <BR>>all these people expecting too much. <P>- An answer is too much? This cat - who i believe can't be dumb enough to be from the Roots - complains and complains about "i don't have time", but has the time to threaten to punch people in Seattle. Now, if you can see the logic in that you're one up on me.....maybe it's a Philly thing, where communication is much too much to ask for.<BR>><BR>> take care, krewcial <a href="http://urgent.rug.ac.be/vinylators">http://urgent.rug.ac.be/vinylators<;/a> <BR>>'pardon my expression, but I'm a tear <BR>>shit up'-Kane <P>Then along came his duet with Barry White, and i tore Kane's shit up.<P><BR>