Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthere we go again ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28156&mesg_id=28167
28167, here we go again ...
Posted by krewcial, Wed Nov-17-99 03:55 AM
>Mostly toward "qoolquest". <P>His emailaddress is askquest@okayplayer.com.<P>>I don't <BR>>mean to be some "evil man <BR>>from ruin your life land" or <BR>>anything, but why are ya'll so <BR>>strung up on "This group is <BR>>gods gift to my life"? <P>It's not, I just happen to like their music, just like I like Femi Kuti, Earth Wind & Fire, Fiona Apple (thank you you know who), Tribe, JVC Force, and 1000's of others.<P>I come here because of (some of) the people on these boards. It's true that I got here through listening to The Roots, but okayplayer.com is much larger than just a fansite. It's people from all over the globe interacting, it's hiphop (the way I see it).<P>>"qoolquest" is out for loot, like <BR>>everyone in Hip hop is. <BR>>He just happens to love what <BR>>he does to make that loot. <P>You're out for loot,<BR>I'm out for loot,<BR>those children in Indonesia making sneakers for Nike are out for loot too in a certain way,<BR>so what's your point ?<P>I see a difference between<BR>a) people seeing 'money' as their primary goal and then finding a way to make lots of it, <BR>b) and people with a certain talent, trying to see that talent rewarded. Money is not n°1 in their lives, but ...<P>in this money-oriented society we all need some to survive, I'm just happy someone can do it in a way they're able to express themselves.<P>That doesn't make ?uest a better person, but noone has ever said he is. The reason why he gets props over here is cos of thousands of other small things he's done (there's too many to name), that all add up. Same story with YaYa, NewGuy, donwill, Nesta, GoldenWon and hundreds of other okayplayers. People are judged by their actions here, come off with something negative/stupid, you'll get a similar reaction.<P>>Standing behind him begging or <BR>>standing up and stating what's on <BR>>your mind, and letting the man <BR>>defend himself and attempt to justify <BR>>his actions and thoughts don't change <BR>>him. And they shouldn't change <BR>>him. Can we have an <BR>>indepth discussion on issues surrounding the <BR>>industry relations with "fans" without the <BR>>"oooohhh i just love your group"? <BR>>or the "fuck your group cause <BR>>i said so" shit? <P>That is a HUGE stereotype. Like as if there's 2 opposite sides/camps. The situation you're referring to had a person coming off rude and disrespectful. <BR>People told him in a polite manner, fact is he never really tried to understand, so there was NO in-depth discussion, and he reaped what he sowed. <P>See, it's real easy to start beef on these boards if you want to (cos some people might take it too serious), but then again : other people don't respect the fact that okayplayer is that important to some people. If I wasn't in love right now, or unemployed and without music as a hobby, I'd be here all the time too. I don't judge people becos of their choices, since I don't know people enough to understand.<P>It's much harder to keep these boards nice, humorous, touching, sincere and ill (all at the same time), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. <BR>Some people got a bad temper, others are more chill, that's OK. If the world is effed up, okayplayer is gonna reflect that sometimes, cos we all live in that world.<P>take care y'all,<BR>krewcial<BR><a href="http://urgent.rug.ac.be/vinylators">http://urgent.rug.ac.be/vinylators<;/a><P>'pardon my expression, but I'm a tear shit up'-Kane<BR>