Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectrespect due!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28156&mesg_id=28161
28161, respect due!
Posted by guest, Tue Nov-16-99 09:35 PM
Yes. I bet people get upset because you said ?uestlove wants to make money. <P>I know so many people are going to reply to the first post with anger. How dare you even, respectfully, question something ?uestlove says or does?<P>People jump to his defense as if he is not a grown man and cannot defend himself. I've seen some of the older okayplayers say that is the reason they avoid this board and I have to tell you, on the outside looking in, it looks quite scary to we newbies also. <P>The cycle seems to be: someone disagrees with ?uestlove, people defend him as if he were their father or best friend, ?uest comes in and disses person who orginally disagreed and crowd cheers. <P>I've restrained myself from jumping in and disagreeing until now, because I felt like I was the only one who saw the "talking down" and accusations of ignorance that you speak of.<P>I'm not just talking about Seattle. It's happened before over lesser issues. <P>Even though your post is respectful, I'd be willing to bet that you get a great many replies defending ?uestlove before he even has a cnance to post. <P>I repeat: I bet people get upset because you said ?uestlove wants to make money. Rational people think: Who doesn't want to make money at their job? <P>But some (not all) of the people here will think that's a dis and say "he's doing it for the love!"<BR>and the real point of your post will go unheard, for the most part.<P>Just know you have one person who has been standing by and agrees with you. <P>Let's all end this game of sticking up for people who can stick up for themselves and bring some real conversation in. Grown people to grown people. <P>Ecrire<P><BR>