Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRead this whole post!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28080
28080, Read this whole post!!!
Posted by incogx, Fri Dec-03-99 04:55 PM
brotha, i personally have any problem with you and who you date. i mean it really aint even my business. but it is a fact of life that there are a LOT of black folk that cross the color lines for the wrong reason. i'm not saying that everybody who dates interacially has self hate issues, but there are a far too many who do. and the worst part is that they don't know they do. there is a lot of subliminal bullshit in our society that is fed to us everyday. american mainstream culture celebrates white ideals of beauty and overlooks the beauty of the black woman (the mother of civilization). and even when a sista gets into mainstream media (with the exception of lauryn, erykah badu and a few others) a lot of times she has colored contacts, and permed and/or blonde hair. i'm not trying to dis sistas with perms but it does bother me that in our society black women are taught from an early age that their natural "nappy hair is undesireable. these are all things that are subconciously programmed into our heads that unfortunately affect a lot of people's dating decisions. i mean in the rare cases where it happpens (an happy interracial couple) and its purely emotional then hey, cool. but too many people let a few bad experiences with their own race form their decision to date another color. i did say that i'm not feelin' interracial relationships personally, but who am i to tell you what to do with your life. however, i DO think that in amerikkka in 1999 it is MAD CRUCIAL that black people have much needed UNITY. all of us. i think we all need to be pro black. pro black does NOT nescisarilly mean anti-white. but the majority of blacks i've come across dating white people aren't concerned with pro-black issues. there are too many black people that only think ME and not WE. the fact is that WE weren't meant to survive here and WE won't excell as a people until we do start thinking as we or InI. <BR>so basically bro, live your life, do what you gotta do but always remember that the black woman is a queen and that black people all have to stick together (beyond romantic relationships) for us to get back to where we need to be as a people.<P>peace<BR>incog<P>"from peter tosh to who got the props i don't stop/ strugglin to survive as i scribe to the vibe on the past lives of InI/ meaning you and i, they can't conquer what they can't divide/ remain the same yet change like the weather, the original man stand, we will be here forever."<BR> --the incog, from "InI"