Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIm feelin' you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28078
28078, Im feelin' you
Posted by incogx, Thu Dec-02-99 12:30 PM
I'm feelin' you. <BR>The black family does get put on the back burner these days, and things aren't going to get better til that changes. I don't condemn people in interracial relationships if there motivations are really love. But in most (not all) cases brothas get with white girls because of bullshit excuses like sistas are too mean or they're gold diggers. And more and more sistas are hoppin the fence saying that there are no good brothas. That's some BULLSHIT!! There's plenty of good brothas - I'm one of them (so queens can holla at me) - and these generalizations are mad destructive to the black family in amerikkka. That's why for the most part I'm not feeling interracial relationships. And before yall send me 100 replys saying I'm racist, just know that I speak from experience. I admit that I was in one brief relationship with an Italian girl once and the shit was a disaster. The whole thing just reminded me how much I love sistas. Besides all the racist bullshit from her family I just didn't feel the connection that I've felt with sistas. No matter how hard they try, there's a lot of ways that white folks can't understand us. A lot of people just get caught up in the mystery and drama of it all.<BR>I do think that Brooklyn Babylon is gon be phat though. The same cat that did slam is directing it and Slam was off the hook. And like I said in my other post its not an endorsement for interracial relationships, it's just taking a look at the racial tensions in Amerikkka kinda like a 2000 version of PE's Pollywannacracker. The Roots have always kept it true and not put their names on anything that's wack, so why would Black Thought start now?<P>peace<BR>incog