Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOversimplified.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28075
28075, Oversimplified.....
Posted by StirsDsoul, Fri Dec-03-99 05:59 PM
First off I commend you for being able to pull back and view things in a calmer state of mind. We all need to view forums like these as opportunities to grow.<BR> <BR> I see where you're coming from with the questionaire.... but.....you presented your own background as mixed.....proof positive that things are not always as simple as black and white. Many of us are of mixed ethnicity....and we have come to recognize that there is ambiguity in life.<BR> That being said, much of the debate surrounding interracial dating has focused on Black Unity.....and whether or not racial pride and interracial dating are two mutually exclusive events. Much of the problem actually stems from the reasons why some brothers and sistas date exclusively out of their "race". There is a whole host of issues that some of us have.... many related to self-hatred and racial orientation.....who we date is a conscious choice based on these beliefs.... we need to be honest with ourselves about the basis of these choices. <P>** Who we love is a totally different thing....we love who we love.... I don't think we have much choice there...Love is kinda like the Trump card...I'm not tryin' to go up against that...love is love..I think that alot of the animosity stemmed from the belief that some people were tryin' to tell <BR>us who to love....<BR> <BR> <BR>