Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDamn!! I'm sorry
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28067
28067, Damn!! I'm sorry
Posted by guest, Wed Dec-01-99 03:47 PM
You must be right. How ignorant could I be to believe that I can at least try to understand and love my fellow man (or woman)on account of the fact that we have a lot to offer each other. And how dare I give allusion to a God of some sort. I guess since I was disagreeing with you my God must be Christian right?? And if it is, oh damn. I mean, the Christian bible really preaches intolerance doesn't it. Your right. Christian missionaries didn't act on their own free will in trying to sway people from their cultures, it was their bible. How foolish am I for believing that love has no boundries. Shit, there should be a book of guidlines on love. I mean, really, what reasons could I find to believe that love transcends cultural pride, history, injustice, appearance, racism, hegemony, death, plague, apocalypse, etc.. I mean, we should hold on to things so tight that we begin to quit judging people and situations on an individual basis. Fuck that!! I'm going to do like you and judge everything on history, not at what vibes the situation or person in front of me is giving me. I was so brainwashed!!! I agreed all along that our country is fucked up and that there has been an old white male hegemony since the inception that continues to opress today in more covert ways, but now I can add that this hegemony and its institutions are a direct sign that EVERY white person is bad, straight across the board. Shit, what was I thinking in believing that everyone has free agency to think and grow and learn as they like.We're all puppets to our culture until Posvibes and Melan..come and cut the strings!!!!. Your right, you are the only person who has ever questioned things, moreover a white person has never done such a thing or thought about these issues from an etic perspective. They aren't capable of thinking for themselves; THEY ARE TOO DAMNED BRAINWASHED!!! <P>Thank you so much for enlightening me to the way things are. Much luh....oh.. hold on...what color are you?????<P>VIS<P>"I'd rather stimulate your mind than emulate your purpose"--ACEYALONE