Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectto melaninmama and negvibes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28054
28054, to melaninmama and negvibes
Posted by DJ_scratch_N_sniff, Tue Nov-30-99 09:30 PM
Second, black people will never <BR>>get anywhere if we are so <BR>>quick to compromise our personal values <BR>>and beliefs for what this world <BR>>deems as "ART".<P><P>If Tariq's personal values are compromised by playing a man who dates a white woman, then he's a racist. Plain as that. That's why I'm sure his values weren't compromised. How DARE you pass judgement on a man for being in an interracial relationship. Shit, he ain't even in one, he's just in a fucking movie.<P>I must ask you this. Would you ever date a white man? Any non-black man?<P>As a mixture of latino, white, American Indian and a little bit of Chinese, I would not be here were it not for my ancestors doin' the interracial nasty. Take it back far enough and I am European, African, American Indian, Asian, and probably some Philipino or Pacific Islander too. I happen to be doing something interracial no matter who I get with. Shit, I could fuck my sister and it would be interracial. What do you think about that? Should I just not fuck anyone at all? And if you think there's something wrong with a relationship because it's a black man and a white woman, FUCK YOU! If I could have made that any bolder, I would have. If you say you're not racist, you're defining the word wrong, because you are. This shit flat-out offends me.<P>On a less angry note, reverse racism accomplishes nothing but more hate. If the status-quo upsets you, I don't blame you. It's fucked up. It is. But imagine the status quo with one small change: that every black resents interracial relationships the way you do. It's not a better world that way, for blacks, whites, or fucked up little muts like me.<P>P.S. The KuKluxKlan feels the same way on this topic as you do. You need to think about it a little more.