Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwho do i hate?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28044
28044, who do i hate?
Posted by guest, Mon Nov-29-99 12:03 PM
i decided to address this reply due to the fact that she began honestly with she too feel my frustration. she asked me to reveal my feelings about certain issues. i am holding my goddess daughter as we speak and she is as about as "light before white" a person can get and her hair is very stringy(who i love sincerely and unconditionally). i will restate i have no "taboo" feelings about calling out racial characteristics. for example more africans in america have full lucious lips like tariq (black thought). and honestly if you live amongst african "americans" you have to have witness that in our culture you will still see today on the brink of 2000-we suffer from slavery back lash of light skin being more appealing. a dis like for kinky hair and african features. so your grandmother and grandfather issue i would have to experience on an individual level--and like with this movie i am not viewing tariq in an isolated situation but in a historical light and a world of negative propaganda that my people have to address every second from schools to home to media. and yes i am very aware of africa's dirty hand in our enslavement. and choose not to hate but to understand! (which does not mean to agree!)<BR>and i was not referring to christianity as a european origin but as a symbol of how religion and genocide complimented european domination. and i support okay player because this was some innovatived hiphop shit. and if we choose not to adrress these issues (hiphop culture) then who should! and do not limited my discussions as "racial hate" i never once use that word! <P><BR>less stress<BR>hiphop culture 4 life!<P>