Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject........an Okstoning!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=28011&mesg_id=28038
28038, ........an Okstoning!!
Posted by StirsDsoul, Fri Nov-26-99 04:43 AM
<BR> That's what it sounded like....the swarm of the angry-mob...Listen, while I may not agree with the delivery...there was still a valid message there. Sister was tired of the old interracial motif.....its been done.....it is a tool of the movie making machine and hers was a cry out for seeing Thought (the artist and the black man ) caught up in some hollywood ish..<P> (personally, I'm gonna with hold comment until I see da flick) <P> As for the racial commentary.....the knee-jerk reactions reflect just how much of a "happy family" we all are....listen we all want to believe that this is a tasty little melting pot...no one stops to consider the recipe....or better yet who's stirring....we have a long way to go people....a lot longer than we want to believe....<BR> It took a looooong time to f%@# this up. We better be prepared for a long walk home. We are not a gonna become a colorless, classless society overnight no matter how cool it would be. <BR>